Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: What?

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Saturday, August 12, 2017

What?

I know it seems that all I do lately is piss and moan about my comics. Probably because all I do lately IS to piss  and moan about my comics!

Mighty Thor was decent, although making Volstagg yet another version of Thor is just... weird. Jane did finally confess to original Thor, that she is the new Thor, and he was awfully pussy about it. Squirrel Girl continues to be insanely delightful, and is probably the main reason I find the strength to stagger onto my comic book store.

Ms. Marvel is also fabulous. Man... Jersey is a tough place! Almost worse than New York!

I have been enjoying the heck out of Champions... until this issue. I have also been trying to avoid the whole Hydra/Evil Cap debacle as much as possible, but every once in a while, one sneaks in, and I opened up this issue to find that somehow Las Vegas had been bombed and Hydra has taken over, and the various ways that people were gruesomely murdered.

Not... really my cup of tea. The current state of world affairs is already terrifying...I don't need more of it in my formerly light-hearted hobby. Yes, super heroes and villains blow things up on a daily basis... but not Las Vegas, man!

I couldn't find Saga, which really toasted my buns.

I didn't even pick up Green Lantern Corps because it is practically unreadable.

I think I will go and read my old JLI's. They never let me down.

3 Comments:

At 1:44 PM, Blogger Erin S. said...

At the end of the year I'll probably rank all the titles I read. There were a lot of bad ones. Don't feel bad about not being thrilled about some comics. It's good to vent about these things and you shouldn't have to force yourself to read something you no longer enjoy. I still don't get why DC doesn't just have individual GL titles.

 
At 11:00 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Oh Erin... if only.

 
At 2:17 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Only 2 eternities after death, babe...
and 1 of em aint too cool.

Who wants a
rapid-fire,
Gatlin-gun,
.358-calibre-Seventh-Heaven?
Follow us on the journey Upstairs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home